Advanced Rigging & Rescue is hosted by Arizona Rock & Canyon Adventures. Course instructors are certified ACA Professional Guides. Canyon Rigging & Rescue focuses on self rescue and companion rescue, quick access to an injured or stranded patient/group from above or below, providing escape assistance and applying specialized rescue techniques in situations that do not require a litter.
This course is ideally suited to recreational climbers and canyoneers, professional guides, backcountry rescue personnel, the special operations community and aspiring rope rescue technicians.
We will spend 2 days together going over core concepts with some time spent in a classroom type environment and the bulk of the time outdoors putting the freshly acquired skills to use. Minimum of 4 students for class to be held.
TECHNICAL SKILLS COVERED:
• SELECTING AND USING MULTI-PURPOSE GEAR
• ADAPTING LIGHT-WEIGHT ROPES AND GEAR FOR TECHNICAL RESCUE
• ANCHOR CONSIDERATIONS IN RESCUE
• SPECIALIZED SINGLE-ROPE AND TWIN-ROPE RIGGING
• BELAY SYSTEMS
• CONVERTING STATIC RIGGING TO LOWERING
• DROPPED LOOP LIFT (2:1)
• BASIC MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE HAUL SYSTEMS
• CONVERTING TOP ROPE BELAY TO RAISE
• GUIDE ROPES AND TAG LINES FOR RAPPELLING, LOWERING AND RAISING
• SKATE BLOCKS FOR RAISING
• ASCENDING AND TRANSITIONS ON FIXED ROPES
• TANDEM RAPPELS AND PICK-OFFS
• BALANCIER PICK-OFF ON TENSIONED ROPE
• IMPROVISED PATIENT CARRIES