Fixed Site / Single Pitch Canyon Guide
Fixed Site / Single Pitch Canyon Guide...
Fixed Site / Single Pitch Canyon Guide is a certification available to individuals who either (a) guide fewer than three canyons that all have similar characteristics, hydrology, and emergency response requirements, or (b) guide canyons rated no higher than 3-C2 with simple, straight-forward anchors and rigging (e.g. single-point natural anchors, bolted anchors, basic deadman anchors).
This certification level is ideal for those seeking an entry-level certification as a foundation for gaining additional guiding experience working as an assistant guide before pursuing full Pro Canyon Guide certification.
It is also suitable for individuals who anticipate that a significant portion of their work will be teaching canyoneering skills in non-canyon environments (i.e. local climbing crags)
Fixed Site / Single Pitch Canyon Guide -- Step by Step
1. Learn skills from the ACA's Level 1, 2, and 3 skills checklists.
2. Get out and descend canyons! Practice your skills.
3. Complete the ACA's Level I Leader/Guide Course.
4. Pass the ACA's Level I Leader/Guide Assessment.
5. Submit a Canyon Resume that reflects the following:
- minimum of 100 canyon descents;
- minimum of 2 unique canyons descended;
- minimum of 10 canyons descended in which you performed in a lead or guide role, at least 3 of which must have been done with a current ACA-certified Pro Canyon Guide as mentor AFTER the Level I Assessment.
Typical Cost: Varies
Please check our calendar of events for a current list of scheduled training sessions.
Training can also be customized and scheduled based on your availability. Feel free to contact us any time to inquire about your desired topic and we can discuss available dates and participant minimums.