Canyon Leader II
Canyon Leader II...
A Canyon Leader II is an individual who has passed the Canyon Leader II Assessment that includes skills from the ACA's Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4 Skills Checklists. Canyon Leader II assessments are conducted by Pro Guides or higher
Once certified as Canyon Leader II you will be eligible to participate in free leader skills clinics and practice sessions, as well as our Leader-Guide Canyon Rendezvous.
Note: Canyon Leaders may not accept any form of compensation from participants for their service.
Canyon Leader II -- Step by Step
1. Must be current Canyon Leader I.
2. Pass the ACA’s Canyon Leader 2 Assessment.
3. Create and maintain your member profile on the ACA's website.
4. Submit a Canyon Resume that reflects the following:
- minimum of 75 canyon descents;
- minimum of 15 unique canyons descended
- minimum of 20 canyons descended in which you performed in a lead role
How long does Canyon Leader II designation last?
Canyon Leader II designation is valid for three years, provided you (1) keep your member profile current on the ACA's website, (2) Participate in 16 hours of continuing education. (3) Must hold a valid WFA certification.
Canyon Leader II are also encouraged to seek out ACA professional canyon guides to be their mentors and to pursue opportunities to assist them with courses, meetups and rendezvous.
Typical Cost: Variable
Please check our calendar of events for a current list of scheduled training sessions.
Training can also be customized and scheduled based on your availability. Feel free to contact us any time to inquire about your desired topic and we can discuss available dates and participant minimums.